A water-based, non-toxic finish for use over Milk Paint to protect against stains, dirt, and abrasion.
Use over milk paint or stained/raw wood for a durable and abrasion resistant finish. Our Top Coat Final Finish is one of the highest quality, low toxicity water based finishes on the market and is a great alternative to solvent based products. Can be used on cabinets, floors etc.
**Top Coat Final Finish will NOT even out the mottled, streaky appearance that milk paint is known for or change/deepen the color (for that, use an oil based finish such as our Oil Wax). This product will seal the milk paint but keep the exact look of raw paint.**
- Provides a glossy sheen to milk painted projects and raw/stained wood.
- Pint covers 44 sq ft, quart covers 88 sq ft and gallon covers 352 sq ft approx.
- Increases washability.
- Keep from freezing.
- Do not apply below 55˚ F or in humid conditions.
- Test before using over a large surface of a dark paint. Product may dry slightly white/cloudy if applied to thick or in a humid environment.
- Water clean up.
- Interior use only.
- Formulated without formaldehyde preservatives, toxic mildewcides or fungicides.
Can be used over chippy milk paint if applied in thin coats. A light sand after the 1st coat has dried may be necessary if any of the paint has raised before proceeding with a 2nd coat.
**Note: may not protect against certain kitchen oils.**